Wednesday 12 May 2010

Sound map

As I mention yesterday, I decided to go for the sound map idea. So Yesterday I send to some of you a survey, Asking if you remember places by it's sounds. Majority of you said Yes, I also ask you what kind of sounds you remember from your journeys. The answers were different from each other, but I was sup-price that many of you remember a lot of them, what was very good.
Today on the way to University I record some interesting sounds. Then I ask some of friends to draw for me this sound, using straight lines . I also asked what color have each of those sounds. Some observations were very interesting for example sound of police car ,people tend to draw squares and heavy lines in the centre of the box.
After I lay them on top of each other and then place on the london map in the places were I herd them. image below is the result of what I come up so far. I also use colors You have chosen and mix the map using opacity.
I think this project could be very interesting to see as a collection of sound maps from different areas of london , It could be nice to compare way people draw different kinds of sounds.
So probably I will ask you guys for help with drawing sounds very soon. thank you to those who help me so far.






Those are some of the drawings I manage to collect

No comments:

Post a Comment